Asociación Europea de Mayistas
(European Association of Mayanists)
(to be ratified at General Assembly in November 2003)
This Charter defines the General policy of the Association:
- Wayeb is a democratic, non-discriminating and non-racist association. Members are admitted regardless of sex, race, nationality or religion.
- Wayeb is not a political or ideological association and does not interfere with national or international political issues.
- Wayeb respects the national and indigenous rights of the countries (Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras and El Salvador) that form the Maya cultural area.
- Wayeb membership must not be employed or instrumentalized for any public or commercial activity without the permission of the Wayeb Board.
- Wayeb dissociates from any form of commercially oriented activities which negatively affect, damage or destroy the basis of Maya research in a lasting and irreversible way.
Wayeb members are expected not to willingly disregard these policies.